H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Originals.S04E02.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures (2016) 720p BRRip Hindi DD 5.1Ch - Eng DD 5.1Ch ~ PyZ
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.211.127.89.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Hard drive problems

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 23:09
Author: Site FriendSupermanimmortal
Been having issues with my computer not recognising my external hard drive correctly,I have probably spent 40hr's plus trying to fix,even just to reformat it.

Not going to go into to great detail,but drive finally recognised on computer but under drive E(not drives name),and have managed to see that disc is showing as empty,but it has over 1TB of stuff on it!

How ever as a sort of last resort after trying all the tools supplied by the disc manufacture (not going to name as don't want to put anyone off buying their product,but Seagate help is so shite! almost as bad as my HD),I contacted their,help and support desk,I was told to try this and that which I replied done and done,try the forums for help,done and done and more than that spent hours searching on line for help/advice.

So finally I was able to tell them the 101 things that I had tried and that nothing worked and the results I got,so about 15 emails later I got 3 emails from them in the space of 5 minutes.

the first was to try and sell me new HD with 15% off,the second was more help and advice(the third time email with the same advice),which I initially told them I had tried,and the third was a customer satisfaction survey,which I was unfortunately unable to fill in as there were no options for my answers,so I took a scrrenshot of it and filled my own answers in,now patiently waiting on the reply.
35826498605940339408.jpg

No avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 03:49
Author: Blocked
Ok I know this sounds stupid but it works. Frist off do you have acesses to a mac or know some one who does? If so go into terminal and go to disk utilaty after your in it go to restore volume. It will fix the volume label and everything will still be there unharmed. Plug it into pc and you will see all your files again!

I have tried it many times on a pc with no luck. But when I do it from my mac always works on frist time.

Also becareful with a portable HD they are prone to shock and cause corruptions often. Also be sure to disconect usb by dIsconnecting trough usb manager in taskbar.
SuRi avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 08:15
Author: Site FriendTrue LoveETRG
or try this.....

Open notepad and add following lines and saveit as xyz.reg
Code:
REGEDIT4 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment] "DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"

double click on xyz.reg ....click yes.

1) Unplug All USB devices,
2) Open Device Manager,
3) View >> Show Hidden Devices,
4) Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers,
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives,
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes, if reboot prompts appear choose No,
if Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it.
Uninstall all Unknown Devices entries as well.

When done, Reboot Twice.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if thy r recognised n working properly.
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 15:34
many thanks for the info will try later when time.Tho don't have access to mac,will let you know how I get on.

In the meantime I have received two more emails,first one with the customer satisfaction survey,and the second with the same instructions that I have had 4 times before!

if all else fails I can still send it back under warranty,but you need code from running seagate disc tools on it which I have told them it don't work,so cant get number.
LuFc avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 14:07
download that trinity resource disk thats all sorts of stuff on it from boot go to ther site and see if anything ther helps or thez that seagate 0 utility returns the drive to original state

or better still take the caddy apart and plug the hdd in strate to ur mobo as ther all just sata drives inside thez no seals on seagate drives to be broken as ther held together with clips coz a lot of the time its the pcb of the caddy thats damaged
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 15:30
LuFc wrote:
download that trinity resource disk thats all sorts of stuff on it from boot go to ther site and see if anything ther helps or thez that seagate 0 utility returns the drive to original state

or better still take the caddy apart and plug the hdd in strate to ur mobo as ther all just sata drives inside thez no seals on seagate drives to be broken as ther held together with clips coz a lot of the time its the pcb of the caddy thats damaged

Many thanks,already tried that,was going to take apart but am just going to return it,tho they want me to pay postage,Ha no way,just waiting to here back from them bout it.

since this post have also now filled in 5 customer sureys,you think they would get the idea that I think they are shite.
BlueLady avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:52

Alf, I just caught this thread and you probably got it fixed by now, but anyway....go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Mangement/Storage/Disk Management and give it a few seconds to load.

From there you should see all drives on your PC, a right click on any one of them (except the 'C' drive) and you have the options to format, change your drive letter etc...

Hope that helps, if it doesnt, you dont know me... whistling.gif
Big_A_Little_A avatar
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 13:45
BlueLady wrote:
Alf, I just caught this thread and you probably got it fixed by now, but anyway....go into Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer Mangement/Storage/Disk Management and give it a few seconds to load.

From there you should see all drives on your PC, a right click on any one of them (except the 'C' drive) and you have the options to format, change your drive letter etc...

Hope that helps, if it doesnt, you dont know me... whistling.gif

Hey thanks,been there done that,got the tshirt.
The stange thing is when im in there it does show the disc,but with out correct disc name and also showing as no data on the disc,when there is in fact loads still on the disc.Also will not let me format it there either.So its going back to manufacturer.

And who are you anyway? my parents told me not to talk to strange lady's
LuFc avatar
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 13:07

BlueLady wrote:

Hope that helps, if it doesnt, you dont know me...

thats like the first thing u do lol

anyway paying for postage hmm i was nrly sending my freeagent theatre+ media player bak and they was gunna send me the pre payed box to send it?

dont let em scam u

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2