kaspersky 2012 (antivirus/internet security) released for beta testing.
Kaspersky Lab, producers of one of the best and most popular security software �Kaspersky� has released the Beta build of their upcoming new security suite Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 (version 18.104.22.1686).
What is a beta version?
A product's beta is an officially released version of a product which includes most of the product's functionality. The beta version is intended for external testing of the product in order to identify configurations that cause problems, as well as collect requirements and suggestions from users.
Before its official release, a beta version ALWAYS undergoes a full cycle of internal testing, after which the application is sufficiently stable in the majority of computing environments.
however the product is not fully stable the new version of the product works fine atm! all the beta testers are fully appreciated for their efforts. - says kaspersky lab team
new look of the KIS/KAV is more user friendly and more hassle free. no more pop up windows and fewer clicks then before to reach the destination.
new version comes with many new features packed with all the old settings and tasks. it is claimed to be the most powerful security tools when the final release is to be released. - by source.
anyone can get acess to the new beta testing program of KIS/KAV for free. the participant will get their names flashed in their official beta testers list. and might get some lucy prizes at the end. who knows.!
A release notes file is supplied with each beta version. Release notes provide the following information:
- the exact version number,
- system and technical requirements for the equipment used for testing,
- the list of changes since the previous version, and,
- descriptions of known problems (if any) and other relevant information.
- Please note that a beta version is NOT the final version of the product and therefore the developer does not guarantee an absence of errors that may disrupt the computer's operation and/or result in data loss.
Consequently, beta testers use the beta version at their own risk and Kaspersky Lab bears no responsibility for any consequences arising out of the use of the beta version.
Features of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012:
- File security detection. A function to define the file security before starting work with it has been added. For example, if you downloaded a file from the Internet and you doubt its security, check its reputation in Kaspersky Security Network.
- Intellectual system of updates downloading has been implemented. This system allows to download databases for the enabled application components, thus minimizing the volume of the downloaded updates and the time needed for download.
- Technologies of rootkit detection (rootkit is a program designed to hide the fact of system infection) have been significantly improved.
- Protection against phishing has been improved: information about the availability of a particular resource is first checked in the local database of phishing websites stored on Kaspersky Lab servers. Next, a request is sent to the “cloud” (Kaspersky Security Network), If there is no information in the two sources, heuristic analysis is carried out.
- The URL Advisor module has been enhanced. The process of determining the level of danger utilizes information not only from the databases of malicious and phishing URLs but also from the databases located on Kaspersky Lab servers. The URL Advisor module informs you of potential danger of a web-site even before you click the link. Furthermore, URL Advisor allows you to specify unwanted categories of web sites (such as "pornography", "cruelty and violence").
- The application’s efficiency has been improved and its impact on the computer’s performance significantly reduced.
- The impact of the application on the system performance has been optimized for the most common online user scenarios: watching movies (including high-resolution (HDTV)), listening to the radio, searching and browsing websites, making calls via VoIP (Skype and etc.), online games and etc.
- Touch-screen support is added.
- The function to view tasks execution has been implemented within Task Manager. The function allows you to define how the system resources are consumed and review the status of executed tasks, thus optimizing computer resources.
- Kaspersky Desktop Gadget has been significantly enhanced (for Windows Vista/7 only). The list of additional actions, whose response can be configured from the gadget, is increased. The added actions include update start, virtual keyboard, list of problems and etc.
New in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 interface
The interface of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012 has been considerably re-designed:
- The main window now displays all necessary information on your computer’s protection status, the active defense components, the up-to-dateness of the anti-virus databases, and the license period.
- Browsing of Kaspersky Lab news has become more convenient. The news provides information about events in the company, special auctions and discounts.
- Statistics of Kaspersky Security Network activity is now available from the main application window. This feature allows to see how effective the “Cloud” technologies function and how secure your computer is protected.
Participating in beta testing enables you to:
- be among the first to gain access to the latest versions of Kaspersky Lab solutions and share your opinion with us;
- help Kaspersky Lab improve the quality of the product being tested;
- provide your suggestions on possible ways of improving the product;
- free technical support;
- collaborate directly with developers and other beta testers using dedicated sections of our forum; and,
- receive free versions of the product, which are awarded to the most active beta testers.
download link - http://bit.ly/hjGSrR
forum - http://bit.ly/fAbVAW
Sat Apr 23, 2011 06:54
Thanks For Sharing.