*Firstly this tutorial is totally legal and nothing that Sony can do about it to stop
-Greenpois0n RC6.1 (4.2.1-Windows)
-Greenpois0n RC4 (4.1-Windows versions)
> Description of the software:
greenpois0n will Jailbreak your iDevice.
> Supported iDevices:
- iPod Touch 2G (all bootroms)
- iPod Touch 3G
- iPod Touch 4G
- iPad 1G
- iPhone 3Gs (all bootroms)
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4 Verizon
- Apple TV 2
- RC6.1: comex 'hunnypot' iBooks fix, don't overwrite animate if it already exist
- RC6: Apple TV 2 support, fixed emulators compatibility issues with greenpois0n
- RC5.4: Verizon iPhone 4 is now supported !
- a supported device (see above)
- the device should run iOS 4.2.1 (4.2.6 for iPhone 4 Verizon). Please check on the device in the Settings -> General -> About page.
If your device is running an older version, please upgrade iOS first using iTunes.
*** If you want to SIM Unlock, preserve your baseband using TinyUmbrella (iPhone 4 only) or PwnageTool ***
- at least Windows XP
- a working internet connection
- if your device is jailbroken with iPhone Dev Team's Monte, please restore the device using iTunes first.
- if Cydia doesn't show up after Loader, you may need to reboot the device
- this version of greenpois0n doesn't include a patched activation system. You'll need to activate your device using iTunes
- WE DO NOT SUPPORT PIRACY !
1. plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2. quit iTunes if it shows up
3. start greenpois0n.app
4. follow instructions
5. the device will boot a 1st time with verbose text on screen. This operation will install the jailbreak on the device.
6. the device will reboot normally
7. start the Loader application (green icon on the SpringBoard), and follow instructions to install Cydia
*I couldn't upload the video because YouTube classifies the file as illegal so i upload it as a torrent, hope there is no problem with that because the video is only 2.24MB. Sorry for any inconvenience...
*For the video instructions:
1)plug the device to your computer using the USB cable
2)Close itunes window if it shows
3)Click "Prepare to jailbreak" and wait for the countdown
4)Press and hold the sleep button for a couple of seconds(the program will show to you how much time)
5)Continue holding sleep button and press the "Home" button for 10 seconds
6)Release the sleep button and continue holding "Home" button for other 15 seconds
7)After this your phone should be turned off, now press "jailbreak button" found in the program. When it's done click quit and your DONE!!
Now we should install "Cydia":
1)Open a program called "Loader" from your phone(you must have a WiFi connection)
2)Now install Cydia and open Cydia icon from your menu.
3)And now you can search there for software's, themes etc that Iphone doesn't allow to use.
*Credits go to:
(Don't forget to say thanks)