Wed Jul 06, 2011 05:37
Ok, so it's not really about how to stream or anything like that, I'm wondering why most of the time my Ps3 won't pick up or won't actually recognize 1080p movies when I stream them, some come out as corrupted, others just don't show up on the folders.
When downloading torrents, 1080p or not, what are automatically a no no for ps3? Like I know MKV files won't get recognized by I convert them with mkv2vob, but I mean like certain qualities that won't pick up a ps3 for sure?
Video > Types of files that can be played
The following types of files can be played under (Video).
* Memory Stick Video Format
* - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile （AAC LC）
* - MPEG-2 TS（H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC）
* MP4 file format
* - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
* MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
* MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
* MPEG-2 TS（MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3（Dolby Digital）, AAC LC）
* MPEG-2 TS（H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC）
* - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
* - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
* AVCHD （.m2ts / .mts）
* - VC-1（WMA Standard V2）
* Depending on the data type, some files may not be playable or some control panel options may not function during playback.
* Some video files distributed over the Internet have playback restrictions. For details, contact the content provider.
* To play WMV format files, you must go to (Settings) > (System Settings) and set [Enable WMA Playback].
* When using a USB adaptor to play video files, you may need to use a USB adaptor (not included) that supports copyright-protection features (to play copyright-protected files).
* When using a USB adaptor to play AVCHD-format video files saved on Memory Stick™ media, use a device that supports Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0).
* WMV format copyright-protected files cannot be played.
hope that helps