H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.FULL.NEW.SOURCE.1080p.HC.HDTV.x264.AAC-SHOWSCEN
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Dont.Kill.It.2016.720p.BRRip.x264.AAC-ETRG
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The.Chamber.2016.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTSHD5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Gladiator 2000 Paramount Re-Issue Blu-ray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Resident Evil The Final Chapter 2016 Multi 1080pBluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hidden.Figures.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-GECKOS[EtHD]
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: The.Blacklist.Redemption.S01E05.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Last.Kingdom.S02E02.HDTV.x264-MTB[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Greys.Anatomy.S13E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The Salesman (Forushande) 2016 Multi 1080p Blu-ray x264 DTSHD 5.1 MSubs-DDR
View Torrent Info: GANTZ:0 2016 BluRay 1080p x264 JPN DTSHD 5.1 ESub-DDR
View Torrent Info: Pandora.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Hidden Figures (2016) 720p BRRip Hindi DD 5.1Ch - Eng DD 5.1Ch ~ PyZ
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Use a VPN When Downloading Torrents!
Your IP Address is 54.163.117.182.   Location is United States
Your Internet Provider and Government can track your torrent activity!  Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Get VPN Now for FREE!

Blu-Ray to DVD question

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
AuthorMessage
No avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 20:22
Author:
Ive read you can download a bluray here and put it on a dvd....read it on google actually...so first question is: is that accurate?

second...whats the best way to do that?

and third...thats that mess up the quality(i imagine it would) and would the quality still be better than an ordinary dvd rip?
Casper34 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 21:36
Author:
MKV files are usually the higher quality, ripped from bluray. I use DeVeDe on linux to convert and use K3b to burn the ISO image. if your using windows, you can use ConvertXtoDVD. I have used that and the quality is just the same as linux....

now for the overall quality for the burn, i feel there is a difference between DVD and bluray when converted (as above), and burned to DVD. i can see a difference. the downside to MKV files are they are huge, as they have more info in them, better video quality, multiple subs, multiple audio (2 ch, 5.1 ch, languages).
No avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 21:44
Author:
so in other words..avoid converting bluray to dvd if u can...sucks...for some reason im finding more blurays then dvd for movies im lookin for...and the rips i find are watever for the most part...
Casper34 avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 21:49
Author:
i didnt say that... lol. i DO see a difference between the 2 when both are burnt to DVD. i feel that BR is a better quality then DVD when burnt to DVD. dont forget, when you convert and burn, your not making menus, taking all the subs, taking all the audio.... so the video quality will be higher. when you burn a dvd to dvd, your just making a 2nd copy, you cant really make the video any better then it already is.

so, when burning BR on a DVD, your able to get more video info burnt to the DVD then you would if you burnt a DVD to DVD.
No avatar
Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 22:21
Author:
so this conversation has proven to me how much of a noob i really am...i swore dvd rip were THE best version possible....so br are the best...wat does that stand for by the way?

so in short...im gathering burning blu ray rip to dvd is better than dvd rip 2 dvd?....or am i still confused?

and br to dvd is better than dvd rip to dvd??....lol...i hope i got that one right
Casper34 avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 00:26
Author:
EVERYONEs a noob!!! just remember that!!!

BR = bluray... easier to type BR

BR is always better, but if done incorrectly can be worse. but its hard to mess up using convertxtodvd. as for being confused, its all in the eye of the beholder. like i said, i see a difference, but some people i burned for said they see no difference. i used the same program, same media (sony DVDs), same settings. but they see no difference, when i do.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 03:36
Author:
k...so ill try it....got a question...im using the windows dvd maker...and its taking forever to burn...like .1% every 5 secs...shud i use something else to burn...or is it just that th dvd burner on my laptop is really slow.....not the most computer savy guy on the block...heres the link to the specs on my comp:

i got a lot of movies to burn...so im really hoping this isnt wat i have to look forward to every time....seriously...this is gonna suk if im stuk with this speed...
Casper34 avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47
Author:
use convertxtodvd, the conversion should take about 30-90 minutes (depending on the size of the file, length of movie, and options chosen), and burning about 15-30 minutes.

and once you find "your" settings, its just a few clicks and your off to the next movie.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 15:24
Author:
as it is, its taking 83 min to burn...is that average..or is that slow?

and about convertxtodvd:
1. is that what i use to burn a br to a dvd?

and is there a copy you reccomend?
Casper34 avatar
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 22:54
Author:
you can use convertxtodvd for anything.... thats what the X means. mp4, mkv, avi, mpeg... the list goes on and on!

as for a copy.....Here you go, chill has good releases.

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc2