To add new messages please Login
u 1 8 Build 7491 Alpha (Latest Beta) h33t dinguskull torrent
Safety Recommendation: Download Torrents Anonymously!
Your IP Address is 188.8.131.52. Location is United States
strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN
to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW
Bittorrent download client that sports RSS auto-downloading, bandwidth prioritization, Mainline DHT and scheduling
Most of the features present in other BitTorrent clients are present in µTorrent, including RSS auto-downloading, bandwidth prioritization, Mainline DHT and scheduling(compatible with BitComet).
Additionally, µTorrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 184.108.40.206 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above) and peer exchange.
µTorrent was written with efficiency in mind. Unlike many torrent clients, it does not hog valuable system resources - typically using less than 6MB of memory, allowing you to use the computer as if it weren't there at all.
Additionally, the program itself is contained within a single executable less than 170 KB in size.
Various icon, toolbar graphic and status icon replacements are available, and creating your own is very simple.
µTorrent also has support for localization, and with a language file present, will automatically switch to your system language. If your language isn't available, you can easily add your own, or edit other existing translations to improve them!
The developer puts in a lot of time working on features and making things more user-friendly. Releases only come out when they're ready, with no schedule pressures, so the few bugs that appear are quickly addressed and fixed
Here are some key features of "Utorrent":
· Multiple simultaneous downloads
· Configurable bandwidth scheduler
· Global and per-torrent speed limiting
· Quick-resumes interrupted transfers
· RSS Downloader
· Trackerless support (Mainline DHT)
· Windows 95 users will need to install the Winsock2 Update from Microsoft for µTorrent to work correctly.
What's New in This Release:
· Feature: add Copy to the Logger tab context menu
· Change: only use "B" for sizes, not rates
· Fix: IPv6 resolution for DNS names
· Fix: intermittent DNS failures
· Fix: stall in (un)choker at startup
· Fix: crash with large numbers of sockets
· Fix: string corruption on Win98...
Scanned with KIS
*Note this is a beta release, so use at your own risk