The Fall of Troy - 2005 - Doppelgänger (320kbps)
* Progressive Metal
* Speed Metal
2002 in Mukilteo, WA
Aug 16, 2005
TRACK LIST, TIME, SIZE
1. (00:04:11) The Fall of Troy - I Just Got This Symphony Goin'
2. (00:05:03) The Fall of Troy - Act One, Scene One
3. (00:04:00) The Fall of Troy - F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.
4. (00:02:15) The Fall of Troy - "You Got A Death Wish, Johnny Truant?"
5. (00:03:46) The Fall of Troy - Mouths Like Sidewinder Missiles
6. (00:04:53) The Fall of Troy - The Hol[ ]y Tape...
7. (00:02:34) The Fall of Troy - Laces Out, Dan!
8. (00:02:12) The Fall of Troy - We Better Learn To Hotwire A Uterus
9. (00:04:53) The Fall of Troy - Whacko Jacko Steals The Elephant Man's Bones
10. (00:03:05) The Fall of Troy - Tom Waits
11. (00:08:06) The Fall of Troy - Macaulay McCulkin
Playing Time.........: 00:44:56
Total Size...........: 102.87 MB
NFO generated on.....: 1/30/2008 6:16:20 AM
Is it possible for a band to list the same influences as progressive metallists Dream Theater (Yes, Mahavishnu Orchestra, etc.), as well as bands from the complete opposite end of the rock spectrum, like Nirvana? The Mukilteo, WA, trio Fall of Troy proves that it can indeed be done on their sophomore full-length, 2005's Doppelgänger. It's obvious from the get-go that the chaps -- all of whom are either still teenaged or barely in their twenties -- have obviously logged significant amounts of time "familiarizing" themselves with their instruments (in other words, long hours in their bedrooms shredding away), and melodic emocore elements can be detected as well. In fact, on tracks like "F.C.R.P.E.M.I.X.," you can't help but be reminded of Sunny Day Real Estate circa their heady Diary days. Elsewhere, the album-opening "I Just Got This Symphony Goin'" somehow manages to combine the two-handed guitar tapping of Eddie Van Halen with screams that would make Mike Patton proud. And you've got to love a band that comes up with whacked-out Zappa-esque song titles as like "We Better Learn to Hotwire a Uterus" and "Whacko Jacko Steals the Elephant Man's Bones." The Fall of Troy prove that, contrary to popular belief, not all young rock bands are longing to become the next blink-182.
* 320kbps MP3