To add new messages please Login
SyllableDesktop-0 6 5 i586 iso 7z torrent
Safety Recommendation: Download Torrents Anonymously!
Your IP Address is 22.214.171.124. Location is United States
strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN
to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
HIDE ME NOW
The Syllable Basic CD image allows you to burn a CD from which you can install Syllable.
Note that this is not the same as the Premium CD! The Premium CD comes with the latest available programs for Syllable.
To install Syllable from the Basic CD:
Download the Basic CD image. You have the choice between two files. The regular file is compressed with the 7-Zip program. To unpack it, you need to have the 7-Zip program installed. [7-Zip for Windows. 7-Zip for other systems.] The alternative file is a self-extracting archive, but only for Windows or WINE. You can run it as a program and it will unpack itself, so you don't need 7-Zip.
Syllable Desktop 0.6.5 Basic CD image (62 MB 7-Zip archive)
Syllable Desktop 0.6.5 Basic CD image (62 MB self-extracting archive for Windows or WINE)
These files are hosted on SourceForge. If you have trouble downloading from their mirror system, you can alternatively download the same files with a BitTorrent program:
Syllable Desktop 0.6.5 torrent download (62 MB 7-Zip archive)
Syllable Desktop 0.6.5 torrent download (62 MB self-extracting archive for Windows or WINE)
2. Please make sure that your download was correct by computing and comparing the MD5 checksum for the file you downloaded.
3. Unpack the image file. If you downloaded the 7-Zip archive, then on Linux, Syllable, MacOS, or other Unix-like systems, open the terminal program and type this at the command prompt:
7z x SyllableDesktop-0.6.5.i586.iso.7z
On Windows you must use the Windows version of the 7-Zip program.
If you downloaded the self-extracting archive, just click on it in Windows or WINE to start it and make it unpack itself.
4. Burn the decompressed disk image to a CD using your preferred burning software (such as cdrecord on Linux, Nero on Windows, or Disk Utility on OS X). Make sure you burn the decompressed file as an ISO image, not as a data file.
5. Keep the Basic CD in your CD-ROM drive.
6. Restart your computer. If the CD does not boot into the installation procedure automatically, you may need to change your BIOS settings to attempt booting from your CD-ROM first.
7. Follow the installation instructions precisely.
Please read the documentation for Syllable. There are several important texts that can answer many questions for you:
Welcome to Syllable!
Release notes and changes for Syllable Desktop 0.6.5
Frequently Asked Questions
If you want to compile software on Syllable, you need to install an extra package with additional development files (static libraries and accompanying headers that are part of system components):
Syllable Desktop 0.6.5 development files
This package needs to be unpacked with the 7-Zip program that is included in Syllable:
7z x SyllableDesktop-0.6.5-development.i586.7z
The development files need to be installed and registered into the /system/ directory with the included installation script:
Syllable is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License which means you can download the source code, too [regular download, torrent download]. Source code for third-party components is available from the Syllable shop at Lulu.com.