Title: Gone In 60 Seconds
Writer, Producer, Director: H.B. "Toby" Halicki
Plot Summary: Insurance investigator Maindrian Pace and his team lead double-lives as unstoppable car thieves. When a South American drug lord pays Pace to steal 48 cars for him, all but one, a 1973 Ford Mustang, are in the bag. As Pace prepares to rip-off the fastback, code-named "Eleanor", in Long Beach, he is unaware that his boss has tipped off the police after a business dispute. Detectives are waiting and pursue Pace through five cities as he desperately tries to get away.
Let the crashing begin. This is a rip of the original Gone in 60 Seconds Collector's Edition DVD, from the 1974 movie, and not the crappy Nicholas Cage 2000 remake.
This is the coolest car theft/chase movie you will ever see. A stolen 1973 Mustang fastback, named 'Eleanor" is chased by the cops for around 40 minutes, causing over 500 crashes.
The cars are clearly the stars of this movie. The acting isn't exactly superb by some standards, but the dry humor in the dialogue is pretty funny.
I first saw Gone in 60 Seconds with a buddy, at a World of Wheels Auto Show in '74. Just a few months ago, the same buddy showed up at my door with this DVD copy. Yesss......
The collector's edition came with a scooter-sized Gone in 60 Seconds license plate frame, but it can't be ripped and uploaded.
After checking the cover and the disc itself, I didn't find any subs. If you do, let me know.
Let the crashing begin...
1. Newly restored in Wide Screen
2. Newly Digitally Remastered in 5.1 Dolby & DTS
3. Digital Surround Sound
4. Scene Selections
5. Interactive Menus
6. "The Life and High Times of H.B. Halicki" bio
7. E! Entertainment Interview with Denice Halicki
8. Rare interview with Lee "The Father of the Ford Mustang" Iacocca
9. Audio Commentary
10. "Eleanor Gone in 60 Seconds" full-throttle interactive DVD-ROM game.
11. Car Crash King's "Cut to the Chase" - 3 featurettes of the chase scenes from Halicki's other movies, including:
* The Junkman
* Deadline Auto Theft
* Gone in 60 Seconds: 2
12. Tons of pictures, bios and stories located in the "Downloads" folder.
Please lock your car or it will be... Gone in 60 Seconds